Tuesday 26 October 2010

Week 2 - The Aim

This week is the start of the prototyping and researching process. I haven't yet had the chance to speak to anyone about my Major Project ideas so in the meantime I am going to start by looking at the design aspect rather than content.

 I recently completed a year's placement with FĂ©ile an Phobail, the West-Belfast Festival. I had amateur experience/skills in software and programming languages such as Photoshop, CSS and HTML. I started with a 'learn as you go along' approach to the work and tasks I was given which proved successful as I was given more and more graphic design work as my skills progressed. 

I applied my creative and innovative ideas to the design of publications and projects such as posters, flyers, festival t-shirts, festival programmes and a branding project for an arts based training programme, Outside the Box, which I was delighted to have been asked to do.
Outside The Box Logo
I then began working along side the I.T and web design guy in the re-design of feilebelfast.com. I found working on féilebelfast.com and my own online portfolio really beneficial and feel the experience helped develop my skills/knowledge in web design. Throughout my research I will be looking back at the design implementation process we utilized when designing my Major Project website.

My aim over the next couple of weeks is to explore web and graphic design and use some ideas from the websites above, as well as new and exisitng ideas, that I may be able to employ when designing my Major Project website.

No comments:

Post a Comment