Wednesday 9 February 2011

Week 2 - Yikes!!!

It's the end of week 2 of 12 already and 10 weeks just doesn't seem enough time for the amount of work I need to cover. This week I have been concentrating on gathering my content and designing my logo.

I have started to write up my tutorials that I will be using for my learn-it section. I initially wanted to have these in video format, but as time is already running out fast, I think the best way to present them is in a step by step written format.

I started with 'How to Create Benday Dots (Litchenstein Style)'. The written tutorial will be added to pop-it.com. For now, here is my practice piece.

Caisey - Litchenstein Style :)

I am currently working on a Warhol step by step tutorial and gathering the content for my homepage and 'about' sections.



Argggghhhhhhhh!!!!!! So i finally got round to buying my web space/domain name using Wordpress and pop-it.com, popit.com popitt.com, popit.org and popit.co.uk are already taken!!! I'm really set on the name of my site as I think it's catchy and memorable and perfect for a Pop Art website. I have also created a continuous '.it' theme throughout by naming each page title.it e.g learn.it, get.it! pop--it.com is available. 

My only reservation regarding this domain name is entering -- in a web address. This may cause problems for people remembering the address and I know myself, during a blank moment, I have often sat for ages looking at a keyboard looking for a hyphen then entering an under stroke. I wanted a domain name that was memorable and fast and easy to type. I am trying various different spellings at the minute but using pop--it.com may be the only solution.